Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First, a "Hello" is in order

My family will tell you that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Not only do we celebrate a uniquely American tradition, but it allows us to express our gratitude and optimism for the bounty of the world. Even in this troubled time, I am grateful for the blessings of my family, my community and my business.

So who am I, and why should you care? I am Jack Kahler. I have a lovely wife and two fine sons. I am president of Avocus Group, an operations consulting and training firm based in Illinois, and I also serve on a school board.

I tend to talk a lot, so this is probably as good a time as any to begin publishing my thoughts about business, society and the economy. Some of my acquaintances would surely appreciate any reduction in my outspokenness that might result from this alternative form of expression.

Finally, let me warn you that I don't anticipate running for another public office, so my comments here might offend any readers who must resort to political correctness as a haven from reason. We can all learn something from dialog so your feedback is welcome. I won't censor you unless you're especially vulgar or offensive; in that case I might invite you to join me for drinks.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the read Jack! Don't know exactly why I'm smiling - could be that I am happy to see that one of my relatives has the balls to put himself and his opinions "out there" :) Guess time will tell if your voice changes pitch!

    ReplyDelete